I do know that we have a common goal:
- – TO BE FINANCIALLY FREE!
- Do you and your spouse quarrel over money all the time?
- Are you on the verge of packing up your marriage because of funds?
- Are you trying to change your car and having difficulty?
- Are you poor in health and unable to pay your medical bills or even purchase medicine?
- Are you living with your friends because the landlord has thrown out your bags and baggages?
- Are you now sleeping in an uncompleted building?
- Have you had to pawn your belongings to provide for your family?
- Or on compulsory fasting, with no hope of where the next meal will come from?
- Have you been selling your body or your children for money?
- Have you been looking for money in the wrong places by employing the help of ‘babalawos’/false prophets/native doctors?
- Have your children been sent out of school because of none payment of school fees?
- Have you been unable to service your bank loans or honour your obligation to your esu-su partners?
- Has your business failed and you now have nowhere to turn?
- Has the recent drop in oil prices changed your life and the future suddenly seems bleak?
- Have you now decided to join a cult?
Others may say it is not the end of the world but the children of God say:
JESUS IS ALIVE – HALLELUYAH!
SO, AS WE LIVE BY FAITH, THE BEST IS YET TO COME
- I pray we have an awesome time in God’s glorious presence and that we all leave here today free from financial burdens/debt IJN
- On Mount Zion, there shall be deliverance and there shall be holiness, and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions, and so shall all your children before you here today IJN
- And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Your anointing breaks the yoke, therefore every burden of lack is broken IJN
We need to find solutions to some of the situations I enumerated earlier. These are issues many are going through, often times in silence and even in pretence as if all is well. But right now, we are going to be very practical and factual with one another.
Any unction without action leads to failure and frustration
The bible says faith without action is dead.
So, let’s have some action:
Let us do some networking. You have had financial challenges in the past, but to the glory of God, you have been able to scale through by solving them. Others are still going through different types of financial challenges. Now, please get up to interact with someone else to learn from one another within five minutes. Nobody needs your name, just go straight to the point.
Now let’s do this:
Done! Done! Done!
How many had their problems solved in the past and just shared it with others?
How many now have new insight and are going to try out that method?
So, let us look at the keys for this financial freedom:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Hebrews 11:1-3
- If we key into the death of Jesus on the cross and just believe BY FAITH, then receiving becomes much easier
- We need to believe that with God all things are possible
- Your faith shall not fail you
- God will change your trials to testimonies
- Your mockeries to miracles and
- move you from shame to fame,
- and from poverty to prosperity in Jesus Mighty name
Get the vision for your life and be focused in achieving it
I returned and saw under the sun that— The race is not to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding,
Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.
For man also does not know his time:
As the saying goes in Yoruba, KIRA KITA O DOLA – it is not the amount of energy you put in that brings the finances BUT GOD gives the power to get wealth.
Receive it in Jesus name.
Do you see a man who excels in his work?
He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men.
When, like our God of Excellence, only the best will do in your agenda, you begin to see the results. Rome was not built in a day and everything takes diligence, persistence, discipline, and hard work.
My late mother was the one who taught me that it is poverty that kills, and not hard work. I believed her and made it one of my mantras.
Pursue great attention to detail because it gives rise to perfection. It is said that practice makes perfect. Find out your ability, build on it and go over it again and again. Take cognizance of areas others would have overlooked, everything counts and must not be ignored, it may be the key. So, practice with your potential.
Also, learn to finish with one assignment before going on to the next. Our God is a God of order.
Honour and Love God
Instead of your shame you shall have double honour
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be their portion.
Honour the Lord,
Love Him from your heart,
Praise Him at all times,
Rejoice before Him with gratitude in your heart
Sing and dance before Him with gladness
Magnify Him forever
It is not the amount of prayers that you say to God that moves Him as much as your love for Him, your relationship with Him and your gratitude to Him.
Where there is love there is giving
It was because of God’s love for us that He gave Jesus for our lives
It was because of Abraham’s love for God that he was willing to give Isaac to the Lord as a sacrifice
It is because our spouses love us that we get gifts from them
So, as you honour and love God, He will give you your heart’s desires IJN
Adopt the Spirit of Thanksgiving
But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed.
The power of praise supersedes the power of prayer because our praise goes to God as a sweet smelling savour every time.
Therefore, when you sing to the Lord, prison doors will open for you
You will come out of financial problems
You will come out of every form of bondage
Every evil door closed against your finances is broken
Every door bringing lack and poverty is smashed to pieces NOW IJN
The Power of Giving
Plse look for scripture that says: Give and it will come back to you pressed down shaken together and running over, etc. Quote here
There is one who scatters, yet increases more;
And there is one who withholds more than is right,
but it leads to poverty
The generous soul will be made rich
And he who waters will also be watered himself
Learn to give for the things of God by faith, even in the place of apparent lack.
God honours the desires of our hearts to glorify himself.
Your giving and your thanksgiving shall never fail you
Continue to give Him, givers never lac
He makes a way where there seems to be no way
(Sing: God will make a way, where there seems to be no way,
Pay Your Tithes
“Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this”, says the Lord of Hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field”
If we believe all wealth flows from the loving provision of God, our role is to be sensible, faithful stewards as caretakers of God’s assets.
His promises are ye and amen.
God is not to be mocked, nor is He a man that He should lie,
But every word that goes out of His mouth shall not go back to him void.
When you tithe a minimum of10% of your income or your profit, you are sowing seeds out of poverty
You are delivering yourself out of the camp of the devourer
Your business will not fail
Your children will not die
There shall be no barrenness in your camp
You shall be fruitful and multiply
The hand of God shall be upon you and yours IJN
3 Through wisdom a house is built,
And by understanding it is established;
4 By knowledge the rooms are filled
With all precious and pleasant riches.
From now on I open my eyes to your leading
I open my heart and my mind to receive it
Holy Spirit, I open my hands to lay hold of my portion
And my mouth shall testify of it IJN
- Story of Joseph – Genesis 39:7-10
- Joseph’s story is a roller-coaster ride from
- favorite son to
- slave to master of the house to
- prisoner to
Prime Minister of Egypt
- It is both amazing and inspiring.
- The bible says in
Now Joseph was handsome in form and appearance.
And it came to pass after these things that his master’s wife cast longing eyes on Joseph, and she said, “Lie with me.”
But he refused and said to his master’s wife, “Look, my master does not know what is with me in the house, and he has committed all that he has to my hand. There is no one greater in this house than I, nor has he kept back anything from me but you, because you are his wife. How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” So it was, as she spoke to Joseph day by day, that he did not heed her, to lie with her or to be with her.
Joseph’s story is a roller-coaster ride from
favorite son to
slave to master of the house to
Prime Minister of Egypt
It is both amazing and inspiring.
The bible says in
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
Joseph loved God and was called for God’s purpose.
Have you discovered your purpose in life? He has created us individually for a purpose. If you do not yet know, seek His face to find out.
Father, minister to me that I may know what you created me for.
I pray that I will not leave this sinful world without fulfilling my purpose IJN Amen
Joseph concluded with his brothers in:
Genesis 50:20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.
- What an inspiring example of God at work in the affairs of men to accomplish His ultimate purposes! Joseph’s story can be looked at from a financial angle.
- The turning point of Joseph’s experience in Egypt occurred when he interpreted a pair of dreams for Pharaoh. He realized that Egypt would soon experience seven years of abundance, followed by seven years of famine.
- Nigeria also experienced years of abundance at different stages. We should have learnt from the 2008 sharp drop in oil prices then by saving for a rainy day and not be caught up in another slide that we are experiencing now.
- Joseph was put in charge of the preparations during the years of plenty, so the people could survive the coming years of famine.
- I wonder if Nigeria is facing similar ‘years of plenty and years of famine’? After all we found oil 5 years after I was born and I am almost 64 years old.
- Maybe we should borrow a leaf from Joseph’s divine wisdom and apply it to our economic challenges both individually and nationally.
- Let’s consider some statistics:
- In 2012, The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa said Nigeria’s Growth Domestic Product (GDP) was put at $509.9 billion as against South Africa’s $353 billion.
- In the 24 years since the last GDP was estimated, there has been spectacular growth in a number of sectors including the telecoms sector.
- Then there were only about 300,000 phone lines owned solely by Nitel, compared to about 120 million phone lines now owned by a few operators.
- Our flour milling capacity alone ranks among the largest in the world and all the products are sold and consumed within Nigeria.
Then Nollywood did not exist but is now ranked as, the world’s third largest producer of films in the world after the United States’ Hollywood and India’s Bollywood.
- Twenty-four years ago, we didn’t have the size of the banks we have today and the size of financial services on offer
- YET! The UN claims that there are at least 70 per cent of Nigerians who are desperately poor.
- Nigeria remains a country of paradoxes.
- It is not just Africa’s largest oil producer which also imports refined oil products, but is Africa’s largest economy with the highest incidence of poverty.
- With a population of approximately 174 million people, 122 million live in abject poverty, using the acceptable extreme poverty line of $1.25 a day.
Some lessons learnt are:
- Move from a nation of consumers to producers
- Work diligently to be debt-free,
- Invest for the future and
- Diversify broadly.
- Joseph wisely saved 20% of the harvested grain, and was able to save not only Egypt during the famine, but the surrounding nations as well.
- That should be our goal—to be faithful stewards now while times are good, in preparation for any future depression.
- God uses any situation to get our attention.
- I too have a story to share on how I found financial freedom using some of the principles I have shared with you. I believe that hearing individual stories help people to grasp the teaching – Oil Story
- God’s preparation for license: (met friend on board)
- Refused no for an answer – Dared to dream BIG
(Applied for license) – Delay is not denial
- Drought in the wilderness
- Searching for God/ Covenant
- Change of Ministers/Fasting
- After license – No technical partners/STATOIL
- No bribe
- Do you know Mr Texaco? – God took care of him
- No form of compromise in the process to obtain the license/refused to sell license and the rest is history
MARRIAGE: Finding financial freedom is about choosing the right spouse.
(ARE THERE ANY MEN IN THE HOUSE – SHOUT HALLELUYAH)
He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22
- BUT, If you have a spouse with very high taste, there is every tendency you will live beyond your means and run into financial problems. Pick a wife with wisdom!
(WOMEN – PRAISE THE LORD)
- DON’T LET LOVE RULE YOUR HEADS – PRAY and ask God for WISDOM
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
- DON’T fall in love with good looks and charms – ‘MAN ABOUT TOWN’ but irresponsible and you end up shouldering all the financial responsibilities of the family
- To put it another way, you should not wait until you’re madly in love and committed before finding out your future husband is a gambler or hugely in debt
- Talk about everything – don’t be scared to discuss both your finances
- Experts say arguments about money are aleading cause of divorce – It’s not children, sex, in-laws or anything else. It’s money for both men and women
- The first step toward building a solid foundation around money in your marriage is to be honest and openly discuss all financial matters including your
- experiences, hopes, and fears, (such as how did your parents manage money)
- as well, to see whether you have common values, such as savings and investments
Shine your eyes – all that glitters is not gold!
- Looking for a spouse – jot down what you want in a man or woman
- Take it to the Lord in prayer
- Wait for the answer; God will bring the right Mr. or Mrs. Right for your destiny, DO not settle for less than God has for you and you will live happily ever after
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:3
- Better to end a bad relationship than a bad marriage
- Divorce is not an option, prayerfully find a way to make it work.
- By the grace of God – been married for almost 40 years to a dashing young lawyer (Mr. Modupe Alakija)
- Blessed with 4 sons and grand children
- Live beyond your means (‘cut your coat according to your size’, keeping up with the Joneses’)
- Curb your excesses – drinking, womanizing, waste of resources :
For the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty,
And drowsiness will clothe a man with rags. Proverbs 23:21
- Getting caught up in GET RICH QUICK SYNDROME/SCAMS – in Nigeria we say Beware of 419
Take a course on financial management (be prudent)
- Talk to a financial planner
- Do a weekly, monthly budgets
- Stay within your budget (you don’t always have to take aso-ebi, don’t always eat out, save by packing food from home), find ways to save money
- Fast & Pray (save the money for the money on lunches at work and see what that comes to each week); over a period it can be substantial
LEARN FROM OTHERS/INTERNET/BOOKS
Tips from people who have found financial freedom :
- LEARNING FROM MISTAKES & DON’T GIVE UP – Failure is a good thing – Hakeem Belo-Osagie, Chairman – Etisalat
Thomas Edison, inventor of the light bulb, made several attempts before succeeding in inventing the light bulb.
Learn and improve on your mistakes.
If I had given up, I wouldn’t be here today speaking to you
(Remember the oil license story I told earlier)
- VISION – A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work & dedication is required to make that vision a reality – Strive Masiyiwa, Zimbabwe founder and chairman of global telecommunications group Econet Wireless.
Though hard work and dedication have their place, we know as CHRISTIANS that it is all about GOD’S AMAZING GRACE!
- UPGRADE – BE THE BEST – In whatever you do, strive to be the best at it – Aliko Dangote’s empire has become a world class phenomenon
(Fashion House Story – I went back to school to learn fashion design at the age of 34 before opening Supreme Stitches which later became Rose of Sharon House of Fashion)
Entrepreneurial Spirit (Passion for Business – started small – trading in different commodities from time to time, was willing to work hard, built on values of hard work and resilience imbibed as a young girl, helping my mother in her business)
Ikorodu/Ijebu heritage – famous and successful business men and women in various industries)
- SUCCESSION PLAN/NEXT GENERATION – In business you have to know when to retire, before someone knocks you out.” – Lauritz (Laurie) Dippenaar, South African built a financial services empire.
Build lasting legacies
The biblical frame of reference for finances is that God is the source of all our gain.
1 Chronicles 29 :12
“Both riches and honor come from You, And You reign over all.
In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great
And to give strength to all”.
Total freedom takes its source and root from Jesus
Financial freedom from God’s standpoint is not limited to currency – But a TOTAL PACKAGE – spiritual, physical, financial, moral, marital (happy home), relationship, etc. the ability to experience and enjoy God’s blessings.
It is Satan that puts people in bondage, but the truth sets them free.
………Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
God is not opposed to personal monetary wealth. Many prominent bible characters were quite well-to-do, including Abraham, Job, Joseph, and Solomon. But God is concerned that we view riches from His perspective.
God Is Our Sole Source of Blessing
Without God, we are unable to amass wealth. While our labor, diligence, planning and wisdom are vital, God remains the sole source of blessing. He is the fountainhead of life, health, food, sun, and all other necessary elements for prosperity. As Creator, all of life is His gift. He is the Prime Giver.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.”
- God gives it all and God owns it all.
Honor the Lord with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine – Proverbs 3:9-10
- He designates us as caretakers of His assets.
- Our spending and investments then become extensions of His will. Following the careful guidelines of Scripture, we can wisely manage God’s riches.
- Learn to Save/Invest : in stocks, shares and insurance (e.g. educational insurance for children’s education, dead or alive – plan for the future, save for the rainy day)
- Joseph taught about saving during the years of famine and plenty (Genesis 47:13-27) Principles of living debt free
- What matters is not how much we possess, but how we use what we are entrusted with.
- The biblically wealthy individual may be rich or poor according to the world’s standards. Regardless, he or she knows that wealth is not measured by Naira, pounds or dollars. God is the source of all riches, and we are called to the noble task of managing God’s gracious gifts. We are His resource centres, His managers or His distributors.
Deutronomy 8: 17-18
…..then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’ And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
We must be accountable to God first, our spouse and family and conduct businesses with honesty and integrity
We must be born again
God can and will change your story (1 Chronicles 4:10 – the story of Jabez)
- No compromise, cutting corners or taking short cuts
ABIOLA, where is the rest?
My Guiding Principles
PRAYER – MY PASSION
- I take everything to God first in prayer (each day begins very every with prayer time and throughout the day)
MY CALL TO SERVICE – Widows & Orphans
- The Rose of Sharon Foundation (RoSF) is a private, voluntary, non-profit, faith based, non-governmental organisation focused on easing the burdens of existence for widows and orphans.
- Founded in 2005 and began full operation in May 2008.
- provided grants to more than 973 widows
- educational assistance by the awards of scholarships to 1,366 widows’ children and 86 orphans.
In the past few years, especially since I pursued my passion and foray into business, by the grace of God, I am determined more than ever to living every day to the fullest, filled with joy, passion and rigor.
It’s an amazing experience that I pray that you experience that freedom too.
As you begin to make adjustments in YOUR life
I pray also that you give everything to God in prayer, learning to TRUST GOD ONLY with all your decisions and that
He grants you wisdom and showers you with His unfailing love
You have been a wonderful audience, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Scriptures for Healing
Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
- John 6 :33
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life
- 1 Corinthians 6 : 19
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
- Psalm 9 : 10
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
- Romans 8 : 11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
- Psalm 107 : 20
He sent His word and healed them,
And delivered them from their destructions.
- Jeremiah 30 : 17
For I will restore health to you
And heal you of your wounds,’ says the Lord,
‘Because they called you an outcast saying:
“This is Zion; No one seeks her
- John 15 : 7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you
- Mathew 8 : 17(b)
that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:
He Himself took our infirmities
And bore our sicknesses
- Isaiah 58 : 8 (a)
Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily
- Malachi 4 : 2
But to you who fear My name
The Sun of Righteousness shall arise
With healing in His wings
- Malachi 3 : 11
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,
So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground,
Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,
Says the Lord of hosts
Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth.
But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves.
In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Fruit of the Womb
And He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your land, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flock, in the land of which He swore to your fathers to give you.
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb
- Psalm 92 : 14
They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing
- Psalm 128 : 3
Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
In the very heart of your house,
Your children like olive plants
All around your table
- Psalm 113 : 9
He grants the barren woman a home,
Like a joyful mother of children
- Exodus 23 : 26
No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days
- Deuteronomy 28 : 3-4
Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
4 “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks
- James 1 : 17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning
- Isaiah 65 : 23
They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord,
And their offspring with them
- Psalm 128 : 36
Your children like olive plants
All around your table
- Genesis 35 : 11
Also God said to him: “I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body
- Luke 1 : 42
Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb
- Deuteronomy 7 : 13
And He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your land, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flock, in the land of which He swore to your fathers to give you
- Psalm 127 : 3- 4
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth
Psalm 92 : 4
..shall be fruitful in old age
- Let us spend a moment in prayer for our great country –
- For our leaders
- Peace in our land – North, South, East & West
- For an end to terror and insurgency in the land
- And for all God has in store for us this year and beyond