Jeremiah 1 v 5 says: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I sanctified you. I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
- Did He not send each of us to the world to do the work of His kingdom? He knows us all and sent us all. He has covenants with us all. It is that same covenant He has with you that has kept you till this day, because had it not been for Him, you would have been consumed. It is because of that same covenant that you are enjoying His grace till now.
- Begin to thank God now for bringing you into this world, for being faithful to you even in your unfaithfulness, for the unmerited favour you have been enjoying, for his leading even when you were not looking or paying him any attention, for his mercy upon you on a daily basis despite your filthy rags before him. Thank you Father, for IJN, we have prayed.
We all have every reason to thank the Lord for bringing us from where we were before, to where we are now. I pray you will not remain the same after today, the Lord himself will catapult you into your destiny IJN.
- The bible says in Isaiah 43 v 18 and 19:
“Do not remember the former things nor consider the things of old;
Behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it; I will even make a road in the wilderness,
And rivers in the desert”.
HE WILL TAKE YOU FROM WHEREVER YOU ARE TO EXPERIENCE A TOTAL UPGRADE.
- It was that same God who took David from the field as a shepherd boy to become the King of a nation;
- The same God took a young Jewish girl to become Queen of a Pagan country.
- It was the same God who took condemned baby Moses to become Commander of the Israelites;
The same Almighty God transformed a most hated brother to the most honored brother who suffered from prisoner to become Prime Minister. Joseph was his name.
- The same God has touched my life and I too have become a Joseph of sort, where I now find myself.
- I am amazed about the awesome power of God, how He led me through the wilderness like the children of Israel who spent 40 years before getting to the Promised Land, because I did not give my life to Christ till I was 40.
- The God who did it for me can and will do it for you too IJN, amen.
WHO IS FOLORUNSO ALAKIJA:
Chorus: (Today O! I lift up my voice in praise…)
*I am an over comer (because the bible tells me in Rev 12 v 11 “And they overcame Him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony)
*I am a Daughter of Zion
*I am a workaholic
* I have the spirit of excellence
*I don’t take no for an answer
*I am a submissive, loving, and caring wife
*A doting mother and grandmother
*I have a passion for fashion
*I’m an author of books
*A marriage counsellor
*I am a business woman and
- Yet, He has not finished with me, He has brought me higher but I am here for a TOTAL UPGRADE.
- Are you ready for a TOTAL UPGRADE? Then
Pray to God that you will not leave here the way you came, that He must not pass you bye, that He should take you to the next level of glory, promote you in your finances, give you a blissful marriage, and answers to all the desires of your heart IJN, amen.
- I come from a polygamous Muslim home, 8 wives, 46 children and we the children are all still very close.
- When I was 7, my father decided to send the 6 year old daughter of a favored wife abroad. God in His covenant for my life made him chose me to accompany her.
- I passed every exam I ever took and had to return to Nigeria at the age of 11 even though I was offered a scholarship I was not allowed to take advantage of.
- I ended up at a school in Sagamu as it seemed as if our destinies had been tied together by man.
- Prayer: Pray that your destiny will not be delayed, denied, devoured or destroyed IJN, amen.
- God requires us to be obedient to our parents, an attribute I imbibed from my youth.
- He says it shall be well with us when we honor and obey them. On one of such occasions:
- Story of the letter I stuck in my dad’s mouth.
- As I grew older, God’s covenant for my life did not falter, though I did not know at the time
- When it came to choosing a career, my father’s insistence on my studying to be a secretary instead of earning a law degree chartered and shaped my destiny. Reluctantly but obediently, I obeyed and left for England the second time.
- I consciously made every effort to live a holy and straightforward life, not cheating, stealing or lying, just as we had been brought up, except for the usual pranks children play.
- My mother taught me to work hard, always to multi-task and prepared me for home-building.
- I had always known while living abroad that my life partner was overseas. We did meet within a fortnight of my relocation to Nigeria in Dec 1972 and have not left each other’s side ever since. My dashing young lawyer at the time is still dashing even at almost 70 and I continue to submit to him at almost 62.
- This grace could only have been God as we have had a lot in common. As children we both had challenges with their family set ups so, we found solace in one another and vowed to stick together, God helping us. Neither of us wants step mothers for our children and have therefore been very close with our children and each other. God has been faithful.
- I had been working as a secretary before joining a new merchant bank and held several positions for almost 12 years. The last lap of my stay was in the Treasury Dept after an in-house banking course of 11 seasoned bankers, some of whom had MBA degrees. I passed the exam and came 5th at the end of the course though I never went to university, to the glory of God. God’s covenant was still in order. I decided to leave the bank when university degree holders who were new staff were placed above me and I had to be reporting to them despite the fact that we were rendering exactly the same services. Little did I know that the Lord of my life, whom I had not yet known, was the master minder and controller. This was the TURNING POINT in my life.
- Apparently, God had allowed me to go through this wilderness experience to prepare me for my future!
Prayer: I pray that you will recognize the move of the God who is never late when He shows up to chart your destiny IJN.
- Is there anything too hard for Him? He who did it for me shall do it for you too IJN, amen.
- I discovered my talent for creativity and pursued it. I left for England again, this time to study fashion design. Armed with a distinction at the end of my course, I returned to Nigeria to set up my fashion label, Supreme Stitches which was to be promoted and advertised by God Himself. I won the most coveted national fashion competition within 3 weeks of the launch and became The Designer of the Year 1986/87. This catapulted me to fame and fortune at home and abroad. I made new contacts and got contracts; there were open doors and it was obvious that my covenant keeping God was at work again, putting His plans in place to UPGRADE me.
- Along the line, about four years later, God used a family friend to steer us towards the oil industry which we knew nothing about at the time. Although the business fell through we did not give up.
- AT THIS POINT, ANOTHER TURNING POINT, I GAVE MY LIFE TO CHRIST AND ENTERED INTO A COVENANT WITH HIM. I promised to serve Him all my life if He did not fail me. God moves in mysterious ways, His Extraordinary Wonders to perform. We got an oil mining license after three harrowing wilderness experience years. In the process and in the bid of some people to rubbish the allocation, my husband has been referred to as a driver and I a hairdresser. They obviously needed deliverance.
- Looking back, God has been dealing with all those whom Satan used to try to block God’s covenant. Some have left this world while others have either been sacked, transferred or retired.
- Prayer: The bible says when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Lord will raise a standard against him.
- Say to your neighbor: Every destiny destroyer, depart from me now IJN amen.
- Four years later, Satan raised his ugly head again, and this time, the government “took” 50% of our shares and left us with 10%. The Lord fought on our behalf and we won after 12 years in court to the shame of the devil, to our victory and to the glory of God.
- When Jesus says “Yes”, nobody can say “No”.
- In the time being, God has led me through visions and prophecies to author three books, set up a ministry which He is using to restore the lost glory of His children, and a foundation. The books are all available for sale at this venue. The proceeds are donated to the Rose of Sharon Foundation for the empowerment of widows and scholarships for their children and the orphans to university level; that same university level I never attained. To God be the glory for His UPGRADE in my life.
- Testimony re: orthodox/Pentecostal churches.
- God has His plans and no man on earth can stop His move. God is always faithful, the only covenant keeper I have ever known.
- Let us pray:
I, (mention your name), am a citizen of heaven, I am a success, a victor and I am more than a conqueror. I am the apple of God’s eye, a unique person and of a holy nation. It is well with me in my going out and my coming in. I am blessed with the blessings of the Lord. I shall not die but live to proclaim the glory of God in my life. I shall shine brighter and brighter every day. I am God’s temple and I have the mind of Christ. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.
- I claim the releasing of my finances and all resources that belong to me. Everything prepared for me before I was formed in my mother’s womb and before the foundation of the world, that pertain to my life, my calling, my family and my ministry comes to me now. I reject all substitutes. I call in resources from the North, the South, the East and the West. Therefore, I will not and cannot be denied of what rightfully belongs to me. The Lord will and has taken me to a new level, and we should all be expectant for a TOTAL UPGRADE TODAY and it shall be permanent. I declare that I am a blood bought, totally forgiven, absolutely redeemed, heaven bound child of God, in the mighty name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, IJN, Amen.