- HOW TO SEARCH.
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR.
- WHERE TO LOOK
- WRONG REASONS
Definition of Marriage:
“The union of two people of the opposite sex who have pledged to love one another unconditionally and live together forever with God as their witness.” (UOM)
God is the witness of all marriages, whether you do it in secret or with just one witness or with three thousand witnesses.
I pray for those who are still looking for life partners/spouses that today shall be a turning point in the Name of Jesus.
Those who say you will not marry MUST let you go in the name of Jesus.
God’s desire/reasons for marriage
- To tend the Land (Man) – to look after the Earth.
Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it.
- Supporter: (Woman) – that person who will help him fulfil that God given role. Give him aid to achieve his purpose.
And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”
- One flesh
– man supposed to look after the wife.
– Godly offspring.
But did He not make them one,
Having a remnant of the Spirit?
And why one?
He seeks godly offspring.
Therefore take heed to your spirit
And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth.
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh.
- Procreate – populate the earth.
Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
- Sex – to enjoy sex legally; according to the will of God
1 Corinthians 7:8-9
8But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;
9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
The Search: HOW?
PREPARE yourself – you are both looking.
- Prayer: God is our enabler.
- You need to know God; better still if you can give your life to Christ, it makes all the difference.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- Ask Him what you want.
- Looks (Men & Women)
- Dressing (Dress the way you want to be addressed). What and who do you want to look like?
- Professional Dressing
- Casual Dressing
- Social Dressing
- Personal Hygiene
- Character/Qualities (What makes a good wife or husband?)
- Lord Jesus, I pray for divine direction. Lead me to my God-ordained life partner
- I dissociate myself from any covenant or evil prophecy of late marriage
- I pray that any strange marks on my body be rubbed off and washed away with the blood of Jesus
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”
- In this programme, O Lord, I divorce my own will to receive your will. Help me to make the right choice
- Lord, open my eyes, help me to shine them well and beyond seductive evil forces of the enemy IJN.
- I reject every spiritual marriage certificate signed in the spirit world on my behalf to nullify my marriage here on earth
- I reject the provision of a counterfeit spouse IJN.
- Lord Jesus as from today, my footsteps shall be directed to the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh or to my Boaz IJN.
- Lord, I believe you have created my son/daughter for a special woman/man, bring their union to pass IJN.
- Father, in the name of Jesus just as Abraham sent his servant to find his son Isaac a wife, send the Holy Spirit to bring my sons and daughters’ future spouses IJN.
- READERS – Pray from your heart.